Our renowned Translated Texts for Historians book series makes available historical sources from A.D. 300–800 translated into English, in many cases for the first time.
Now the Translated Texts for Historians E-Library offers this indispensable collection as a digital resource, containing 60+ volumes from the series that bring together a wealth of important early medieval texts in translation, with scholarship from leading academics.
Browse all volumes in the e-library online. The TTH E-library is hosted and available online via the Atypon site, to browse print titles see below.
- Comprehensive: 68-volume digital library with over 14,500 pages of translated historical sources, from the political letters and speeches of Ambrose of Milan to Zachariah of Mytilene’s Chronicle.
- Wide-ranging: The translated texts span A.D. 300–800 and have been translated into English from Greek, Latin, Syriac, Coptic, Arabic, Georgian, Armenian and Old Irish. The geographic range covers Syria, Arabia, Armenia, Georgia and Egypt in the East; North Africa; major cities of the Roman Empire (Antioch, Alexandria and Constantinople); and Spain, Gaul, Italy, Britain and Ireland in the West.
- Variety of texts: Types of writing include histories, chronicles, letters, annals, formularies, compendia, political speeches, military and theological handbooks, poems, documentary sources, records of church councils, biblical and theological commentaries, sermons, church histories, Christian treatises, Christian and pagan panegyric and polemic, Neoplatonic texts, Lives of saints, bishops and popes.
- Continuous access:24/7 access to the most authoritative and scholarly translations of these texts.
- Invaluable:Each volume of scholarly translation includes an introduction setting the text into context, and rigorous notes on content, interpretation and debates.
- Easy access for your library: hosted on Atypon's Literatum platform, with powerful search tools and industry standard usage reports.
- Digitally preserved: all content is digitally preserved in the CLOCKSS Archive.
One-off purchase: £1617* / US$2457
*UK subject to VAT
In addition to purchasing the current volumes institutions have the following options:
- A five-year agreement through which you receive two new titles each year for the discounted price of £150* / US$228
- Outright purchase of the next five years' worth of content for the discounted price of £750* / US$1,140
Available for outright purchase with access to content in perpetuity.
To place an order please email Anne Nolan, Head of Sales (Maternity Cover).
A 30-day free trial of the Translated Texts for Historians E-library is available for your library. Please contact Moira Reid for details.